Wednesday, February 10, 2010

January Block Swap

My mailbox has been overflowing with goodies for my month of the
Tethered Threads 2 block swap!

I couldn't be more delighted!

Here they are so far in no particular order...










So far I have received blocks from 6 of the 11 ladies in the swap...
I can't wait to see what treasures the other ladies come up with!

this final block is the one I made myself.
I wasn't happy with the positioning of the trees but I have seen and heard that many other ladies were also have a tricky time of it...
here's what Knittin Brit in WI had to say about it...

"Kelly, the secret to getting the trees on the triangular pieces the right way is to draw a template of the piece on scrap paper, then place it on your tree fabric so that the trees are in the right position and cut it along the diagonal line. Worked perfectly for me."
and then I had an "of course!" moment!
duh!
I'm going to try it tonight...

1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

What a fun idea. All the blocks were super cute. It is neat to see how they all have the same concept but have totally different designs. I really like the tree with the wording material around it.
Hope you have a great day!