Friday, January 22, 2010

Ode to Bob

I live in Canada.
Something I'm normally proud to say.
But alas,
It is a land lacking....
Oh yes,
we do have running water,
and hydro,
and vegitation....
But what we don't have is...
Bob Evans!

I know this may seem trivial to you.

But don't take it for granted if you have a Bob Evans in your town.

It saddens me to think that more and more people don't even realize the treasure they have sitting waiting to serve them.

To give them warm blueberry bread.

To order breakfast all day long.

To serve their children a child size meal big enough for 2 kiddos (for the price of one!)

Mainly,

There is gold in them thar' restaurant and it goes by the name of

Wildfire Sauce
mmmmmmmm.........
I'd run it through my veins if I could.
My mom brought us 10 bottles when she came at Christmas and we stood around deciding in the end whether it will be enough to get us through the winter.
This is my secret sauce.
Canadians can't get it.
They don't know about it.
They just think I have a fabulous sauce recipe!
(and I'll let them keep thinking it!)
YUM!

Today I used it as a dip for my grilled cheese.
Grilled cheese never tasted so good!
Do you have a store bought food source you can't live without?

7 comments:

Karin Schueller said...

But you have Tim Horton's!! ;)

Just caught up reading so many posts I've missed while being away from my computer the last month or so. I missed you! lol. You crack me up... and just make me smile. Any chance you are on twitter???

Karin

Sandra said...

We do have a condiment here in Switzerland called Aromat. You can buy it only here. Our family is quite spresd al over the world ( Canada, Australia, Hong-Kong,U.K, France ) So we have to send or bring out packages of it regularly to each of this corners of the Planet because they just CAN`T be without!!!

Miller Racing Family said...

We are big fans of Bob Evans. I love their soup and salads. Let's not forget to mention their gift shop, doesn't it have everything. We use to live in Branson, MO which had the Bob Evans now that we moved back to our hometown we had to leave the Bob Evans two hours away.
I hope you have a great day!

Carla said...

You are making my mouth water :oD

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
You have quite the sense of humor. I do have a sauce I like to use on tomatoe sandwiches in the summer. Can't buy it in the store cause it's from Tastefully Simple. It's their Vidalia Onion dressing. It's mmmmm good.

wishful nals said...

oh my goodness, i've never heard of bob evans before {slightly embarrassed}. i'll have to check this out! xo.

Anonymous said...

Dont feel too bad because I dont have one and to be honest I have never heard of them before. I sure would like to try them out now ;)