In November I ended up injuring myself (long story) and it made my handmade holidays a little less attainable this year.
I received the fabric several days after initially injuring my finger so I spent much time dreaming of how I wanted it to look. The main bulk of the design was centered around a panel measuring 1 yard. and here is the finished project--inspired heavily by THIS flickr photo
Here is a shot of the quilting. I did a straight line quilting with my walking foot of lines at all different angles across the quilt in white--to mimick a spider web.
And here it is upon its unveiling--my nephew really liked it--I think it was more than my brother and my nephew could believe :)
even Nana got in on the action and helped me with sewing up the pillow I made with the extra pillow panels.
Due to my injury I can't handsew so my mom came to the rescue--thanks MOM!
The quilt ended up being 69" x 92"--a long twin size just right for showcasing on his new big boy bed!
I backed it in a striped black, white and royal blue thrifted Ikea duvet cover and added a chunk of the yellow at the bottom for the extra length.
All's well that ends well.