Saturday, January 14, 2012

O Christmas Tree!

No. This is not a long overdue Christmas post.

Yes. It does include a Christmas quilt....for next year...


It was my turn to send out fabric for the Hip to Bee Square group in November.

You may remember my Teathered Threads 2 bee and the tree blocks I had them make using this YCMT pattern....


well I never knew what to do with them --so there they sat.

Until September 2011...when genius struck.

and I did some shopping HERE.


to get the perfect fabrics for those little trees to be turned into this...

(blocks made for me by a fellow Canadian Quilter--Hi Rebecca!)



FABULOUS!!!


Free form/wonky log cabin blocks made scrappy and fun ar0und the trees I had made previously is a recipe for Christmas scrappy quilt heaven!


I'm not sure about this layout as I just threw them down to get an idea but each block is 14 inches so it will be a good sized lap quilt.
Yummy!


thank you Teathered Threads 2 and H2B2!
I'm loving it!(had to throw in the shot of my feet in the photo with my new Christmas slippers from the hubby)

2 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

LOVE

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, check out all the detail in these blocks. This is a fabulous quilt, great job!
Have a great weekend!