Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Joy in the New Year

I have signed up for the Joy in the New Year Challenge

I am new to quilting/crafting
however as I have said before...

I have Crafter's A.D.D.

It is being run by Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio fame.

The goal is to finish as many of your UFO's
(un-finished objects--also known as started projects not finished)
as possible before the New Year...

If you're interested, you can still get in on the action
I decided to stick to the projects that I have actually cut into and want to finish off...
so that equals 4
even though I have a loooong list to begin and finish before Christmas as gifts!


1. my mother's birthday gift-
-which I'd like to show you but she reads my blog
Hi mom!

2. a fall quilt for myself using the pumpkins gone wild line-
-more on this later...
as it may include a giveaway
*hint hint*

3. a thrifted wool sweater blanket for Bubby similar to Pumpkin's

4. 2 swap blocks using some of this fabulous damask fabric!

Yes. I've signed up to be part of a swap group.
12 women + 12 months x 2 blocks = 12 quilts

My month isn't until November of next year but in the meantime I'm going to be busy working hard for these special ladies on their special quilt blocks.

This is a big step for me but I'm up to the challenge and ready to dig in!

I can't wait to finish up these blocks and show them to you for finish #1!!

I'd better get started...

1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great way to get in all the different projects and when you join a group they can help you stay accountable.
Thanks for the sweet comment concerning our baby news.
Have a fabulous day!