Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yes, you can wish me a Merry Christmas!

Have you seen these buttons?


Pumpkin's school is selling "something like them" to benefit a charity in Russia that takes orphans to McDonald's for lunch.

Good cause. I'm not complaining.

I just think it's sad that I have to wear a button so that someone can feel comfortable wishing me a Merry Christmas.


I am not okay with taking the "Christ" out of Christmas.

I am not okay with the political correctness of our culture either.

Example:
In our house we don't do the whole dress up for Halloween thing.

We don't hand out candy.

I take my children to a "costume free/gory stuff free" Harvest Party.

People still wish me "Happy Halloween".

Am I offended? No.

It is Halloween, after all.

They're being nice.
Even if I don't celebrate it.

So why is wishing someone Merry Christmas so offensive?

It is Christmas after all.

hmmmm....Just my thoughts...

1 comment:

LIESL said...

You are SO right and I feel completely the same!! We also don't celebrate halloween. We dress up as non-scary characters and go to a LIGHT party at a local church. And it doesn't offend me being wished "happy halloween". And why celebrate CHRISTmas if you're offended when wished? It's about Christ, isn't it?