Wednesday, November 25, 2009

so.VERY.sick...yuck!

I've had the flu...

not H1N1...

more like the

coming out both ends
lying on your bathroom floor
crying when your friend comes to the door
have daughter make toast for herself and her 2 year old brother
have friend get your daughter ready for school
have same friend change sons diaper, dress him and take him to her place for the day
have another friend make your daughter a lunch and send it to school
order pizza for your kids dinner and have your 5 year old pay the delivery guy
have your 5 year old put her brother to bed (she sang "Silent Night" and knew all the words)
eat leftover pizza the next night for dinner

all while hubby is away on a conference in Toronto. (he felt sooo badly)

I've lost 10 pounds.

Today I'm thankful for good friends and food that stays in my stomach....

p.s. no pictures necessary, i'm sure

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I am glad you are better. I have been there, so I know how you feel. Thank God for older sisters! They love helping. We just don't let them often enough. Your daughter is probably pretty proud of herself right now. Take care. Love your blog.

djaj said...

You lucky girl with nice friends and wonderful daughter...
Hope you're getting better by now !

Ariane said...

Oh!! I hope you feel better soon. That's sounds horrible. Take care of yourself.

HMaas said...

Oh boy - that does not sound fun - glad you got through it, and are on the mend.

Karin Schueller said...

Oh no!!! OMG I have so been there done that, lol. As in, dd making her little brother toast while I just tried to not vomit while laying in the bathroom, lol. YOU POOR THING!!!!!!!!! Hugs to you!!!

Miller Racing Family said...

Bless your heart. It is wonderful that you have friends close that can help out. I will pray you get to feeling better soon. It was good to see you still have you great sense of humor (picture comment).

Valerie said...

Oooooh no, yuck, poor you. It's amazing though the resilience of children, even 5 year olds know when they need to chip in and hold down the fort :)

Mr and Mrs M said...

Oh Kel I hope you feel better soon! I had something very similar to you a year ago and it was not fun.

That so sweet that Pumpkin sang Bubby to sleep and tucked him in. She must have a good role model ;o)

Jen said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Now that you're on the mend, take joy in the weight lost (even though it isn't exactly the ideal way to lose) ( :
We need to get together!
I'm thinking it's going to be 2010.
Jen