Friday, May 15, 2009

Twirly Girly Skirt

Remember the fabric that I bought at the second hand shop?


Well it was magically transformed into a "Twirly Girly" skirt

It was very easy and quick so I whipped one off in no time.

Well it turns out that my girl is not your average sized girl.
She's got legs that are soooo long that going by her height like the pattern says,
just didn't work for her.
oops.

So...
I made another one.
This time I lined it
and made it slightly smaller in the waist
and definately longer

(by like 3.5 inches!)
It is a twirly skirt so it has lots of fabric.
This makes it "POOF" out a bit
--hence the possibility of shortness on my evergrowing stringbean.

*giggle*

I wanted her to wear it on Easter.
I spent Saturday night working on it so she could wear it for Easter Sunday.
When I finished the skirt and paired it with the white top
it felt unfinished.

Inspired by the applique tops that i have seen on Etsy,
I decided to give it a go.

This is the applique up close.
Hubby doesn't like the MeSsy stitching
but I like things a little hAp-HaZzArd.

I'm very happy with how it all turned out.


Now what to do with the first skirt?
Sew Mama Sew is having a Giveaway Day
on May 27th.....

hmm...
Maybe--or maybe something else

*wink*

2 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

very cute !

Lauranie said...

My hubby's favorite words are "is it supposed to look like that?" MEN! Can't they just smile and nod? :D Great work, I love appliques!