I feel my first ever tutorial coming on...
1. take out all oven racks.
2. place 1 oven rack as low as possible in said oven.
3. squeeze pinata into oven.
4. shut oven door. shove the door with your hip if necessary.
5. put your oven on the lowest convection heat possible (mine 325 degrees)
6. Keep checking to make sure there are no flames.
7. feel temperature of wire rack. when too hot to the touch--take pinata out IMMEDIATELY.
8. leave oven door open to allow heat to escape.
9. when oven has cooled and rack feels just warm shove pinata back in and shut the door.
10. keep checking.
RESULTS: 1 dry pinata
Take it from me...
DO leave yourself and the pinata ample time to be completed.
like I said, I am not an expert
...but it worked.